10 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ Before My Head Agrees

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  “Can you see an angel dancing in the air?”  One of the things the supernatural does is it takes us outside of our own reasoning.  It is not beyond all reason but it is beyond ours.

With only fifteen days left until Christmas, I could feel the building anticipation when I was out in the shops yesterday.  More children whispered to their parents that I might be Santa.  People were wishing each other a “Merry Christmas”.  My gentle humming of a Christmas tune was met with smiles instead of odd looks.  Whether they like it or not, our world has accepted that it is the Christmas season for many.


With our focus on Mary, I want to ponder what she pondered.  We are told by both Luke and Matthew that Mary considered all these things.  In the beginning, however, she agrees before she ponders.  I want to palaver over this in two parts.  Today, I want to consider the pondering side of things.

You see, we ponder away so much of what is required to accept Jesus.  It is not that faith is not reasonable.  It is that we ponder it in ways that exclude that which does not agree with our reasoning.  Joseph did the same thing.  He immediately did not believe that Mary had conceived via the Holy Spirit.  Rather, he dismissed the supernatural for natural explainable reasoning that hurt Mary and caused him pain that faith would have avoided.

It took a supernatural act for him to accept the truth.  The Father wishes for us to accept the deepest truths by faith.  He wishes for us to embrace the deep magic of belief.  I am writing down a December prayer that I will always suspend disbelief where Jesus is involved.  I wish to only ponder the possible.  I wish to think and palaver in love and faith.  I want to follow Christ to Bethlehem and beyond.

You see, Dear Reader, I already believe it all and that belief is hard-won.  It is something I carry always but fail to live out often.  When I am among the people that need to see Jesus, I want to violate their mortal reason with the supernatural love of the Father.  It is what casts out doubt and fear.  It is what transcends age, time, gender, and social mores to remind every soul of the potential. 

My faith is reasonable if we reason through it.  It is the baggage we place on it that makes it untenable to us.  I ask you not to abandon reason in this season but, rather, to allow that there may reasoning that is higher than yours.  There may be something beyond the story that touches the reality of who we are.  Sometimes pondering gets in the way of truth.  Sometimes it keeps us from hearing the song within the silence.  If Christ is to be born in me, I must not demand that it not exceed my reasoning.

December Prayer – Idina Menzel

In the touch of a friend, in the breath of a child,
In the eyes of a soldier coming home to his mother's grateful smile,
In the sight of falling snow, and the memories it brings,
In the season when you find some peace, in the simple tender things,

Open your heart and look around, listen, listen
Hear the song within the silence,
See the beauty when there's nothing there,
Sing a song within a silence that hope and love are everywhere,
And when the quiet night is falling watch an angel dancing in the air
To the song, the song within the silence a December Prayer,
A December Prayer.

In the strength of your hand as it holds onto mine,
And the promise that we're not alone in this place and time,
In the gifts that you give I am humbled and amazed
Far beyond this day and time of year
We are in a state of grace.

Open your heart and look around, listen, listen
Hear the song within the silence,
See the beauty when there's nothing there,
Sing a song within a silence that hope and love are everywhere,
And when the quiet night is falling watch an angel dancing in the air
To the song, the song within the silence a December Prayer,
A December Prayer

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“No fiction this fantastic and wild; a mother made by her own child.” – Michael Card

No comments:

Post a Comment