30 December 2020

Closing of the Year ~ So Many Opportunities

Greetings Dear Reader,

The time grows close.  Tomorrow is the last day of a year that has plagued us at every turn.  Still, I recall that everyone saw it as the year of opportunity.  They saw it as some great portent of good that it was 2020.  I chose yesterday to look at all the blessings I had over this year.


Today I want to consider the opportunity that lies before us.  43 hours from when I am writing this the year will end.  We will either enter the new one with hope or despair.  We will be given a new journey around the sun containing 8,760 hours.  That does not seem like much when we consider that many of us will spend 2,920 of those hours sleeping. 

My thought is that we are all given this set of hours and what we do with it is still up to us.  I ponder often that what I think of something often determines what that thing becomes for me.  Time moves whether we wish it or not.  The 525,600 minutes that will be known as 2021 are all ours to choose what we will make of them.  It will be easy for you to put obstacles in your way by pondering the challenges we face or the work we have to do.

It is not for that purpose that those 31,536,000 seconds are given to us. There is a single purpose required of me in those 525,600 minutes.  Jesus told me very clearly that my prime directive is to “love the Lord your God with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength.”  This means that walking into a new year there are 525,600 minutes where Jesus is already waiting to meet me and encourage me.  The Spirit is ready to guide me through every moment with love if I enter it looking for ways to love the Father with all that I am. 

God is not surprised by the challenges I face or the burdens I carry.  He wants to meet my love of him with provision, guidance, and companionship along the way.  Every minute that I spend thinking, speaking, and acting out of love for the Father becomes an eternal moment.   Instead of dying and drifting into the past, I can transform every minute into a part of the only thing that truly lasts; love. 

No matter what is happening around us, we are not alone.  Each day is “the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”  That is the way to paddle out of the mess.  That is the path home.  This is the way in which every grain that passes through the pinch of the hourglass that is 2021 can last for eternity.  Only love remains.  This is the narrow way for me, Dear Reader.  

It is using every one of those 525,600 minutes to love the Father that I find the power to better love my neighbor, my friends, and my enemies.  It is how I avoid being offended by foolish things.  It is in this singular granular quest that I find my true being.  When I think of how to love the Father, I find the way to love others as well.  It where I begin to get an inkling of how deeply the Father loves me. 

I am looking forward to all 525,600 minutes wherein I am allowed by grace and mercy to love the Father in my innocent and meager way.  He treasures every honest attempt and does not chide me for being insufficient.  You are welcome to walk with me in those minutes, Dear Reader.  Part of loving the Father is loving you.  That alone fills me with hope.

Seasons of Love – Rent

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure? Measure a year?

In daylights,
In sunsets,
In midnights,
In cups of coffee,
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife

In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in a life?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love...
Seasons of love...
Seasons of love...

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand journeys to plan
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a life of a woman or a man?

In truths that she learned
Or in times that she cried
In bridges, he burned
Or the way that she died

Its time now to sing out though
The story never ends
Let's celebrate remember a year in a life
Of friends

Remember the love...
(Oh you gotta remember the love)
Remember the love...
(Oh yeah, it’s a gift from up above)
Remember the love...
(Sing out, give out, measure your life
In looooooove...!)
Seasons of love...
Seasons of love...

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

What if I told you that you only have to do one thing to get through next year with great success?

No comments:

Post a Comment