31 December 2020

Closing of the Year ~ I Bring You Hope

Happy New Year Dear Reader,



"Let the bells ring out for Christmas, at the closing of the year.”   I invite you to ponder this with me for my last post of the year.  As we close the year, Christmas 2020 is behind us but I ask you to find hope with me by looking for Christmas yet to come.

I know that some of you are inconsolable regarding the state of the world right now.  Depression and anxiety rise.  Life is uncertain.  There are those in pain that I cannot imagine.  I love you and pray for you.  There have been good things this year and we must “count the blessings that are real.”  We do this by finding hope that each evening, from December to December, we can find hope every day in the bells of Christmas. 

We find the way through this mess by loving each; “within our love of people, at the closing of the year.”  We must choose love over everything if hope is to be realized.  I have had a beautiful year because of this.  Love reaches beyond all of our circumstances.  Love crushes all barriers.  

I may and should mourn for losses, for absent friends, and for the state of the world.  That, however, is not where I am supposed to live.  I am to walk in the sun with the Son.  I am to see the hope of Christmas every day of the year.  I am meant to follow Christ through the year with that painful pergational pause in Jerusalem.  In the springtime there I take up my cross and continue to follow. 

We sorrow at the death and revel in the life.  We may ice our houses in the dog days but we will warm them at Christmas.  We may all be covetous old sinners but there is hope for all of us.  We must walk “with all of the faith and all of the patience; all of the way.”  It is the only way out. It is the only way home.  

It is our love of others that will help us find the truth.  When we search for truth in anger and hatred, we find lies that leave us alone and hurting even when we are doing so together.  If all of this seems rambling Dear Reader it is because my heart is so full.   As I close the year, my heart is filled with the love of the Father for each of you.  I long for you to find the love that the Father has and see how his Son asks you just to follow him out of this mess.

I will begin the year by spending time in prayer for you to find the love that you need to heal your heart.  I will ask the Father to take the hearts of stone and turn them to flesh again.  I will ask the Spirit to draw you toward the grace and mercy we all need.  I will ask the Son to be born in you every moment of every day.  I will ask the bells of Christmas to ring out the hope that we all need.  I love you, Dear Reader.  I thank you for walking home with me.  I pray the blessings of Christmas bring you hope every day and especially at the closing of the year.  

Closing of the Year – Wendy and Lisa 

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope
For nothing is more precious
Than the time we have, and so

 We all must learn from small misfortunes
Count the blessings that are real
Let the Bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

 Let the Bells Ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Up on the knees of a Sergeant Major
Ride through the woods with the wind in your hair
Silver bells on a golden reindeer
As they race to the castle over there

If I cannot bring you comfort then at least I bring you hope

Now all the winter bells are ringing
Hear them echo through the snow
And the children’s' voices singing
On the streets so far below

This is a time to be together
And the truth is somewhere here
Within our love of people
At the closing of the year

We'll walk in the sun
With all of the faith
And all of the Patience
All of the way
With all of us right
And all of us saying
"No one an island"
We'll fly in the arms of time
Walk in the waves, never fall
Don't fall...

 At the closing of the year...
At the closing of the year...
At the closing of the year!

If I cannot bring you comfort, then at least I bring you hope
Then at least I bring you hope...

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From
My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page: 
www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings:
aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive: 
http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“This is a time to be together, and the truth is somewhere here, within our love of people at the closing of the year” – Wendy and Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment