05 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ Is This a Shadow or an Angel…

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  I hope it was something that helped you see the love of Christ in your life.  Remember that we are finding ways for Christ to be born and bourn in us.


Angels seem to get more attention in December than they get the remainder of the year.  Do we really understand these fellow travelers?  I know that I love and respect them.  Sometimes I ponder our reciprocal jealousy.  You see, they have never had to have the faith of the ones who have not seen the Father.  They are privy to the things beyond the path. They work in secret to care for us and carry out the Father’s will.  Sometimes, however, they get to cast aside their disguise and deal with us in their real form. 

It strikes me that Mary did not question that an angel appeared to her.  She knew who she dealt with and he was one of the greater beings of the realm.  Gabriel tells her what is in the Father’s plan.  What must it have been for her to no longer need faith? 

However, she still needed faith.  Seeing is not believing.  Mary still had to face all the challenges that the next three decades would carry.  She still had to travel a road of faith that the Father and her Son would make all things good.  She was chosen but the angel would not stay.  He would have to return to set Joseph straight but Gabriel was not visible when she told Joseph of his visitation.  it was believing that yielded seeing.

We have angels all around us.  I long to befriend them and ease their jealousy as well.  You see, Dear Reader, this entire event; Jesus becoming a man, is for the purpose of redeeming us.  It is so the Father can get all things back to good.  Michael and Gabriel still have fallen brothers.  Do we dare believe that the Father or the angels do not love them as well?  I am sure that they understand better than I do.  I will not, however, disrespect them by seeing angels as pretty decorations or a background to the unfolding events.

The Son they love and have always loved became like us so that we could kill him.  The journey is filled with instances where we treat lightly what they have held for all of their existence and honored.  It must hurt them to see us suffer and reject the Father and his love.  They live with the knowledge that we will one day rule over them and yet they serve us simply because the Father wishes it.  Their service to fallen men is an extension of their service to him.

When I see angels on trees, cards, and windows, I want to whisper a prayer of gratitude for their fealty to the Father.  I am sure I have encountered these beautiful beings when the Father needed to help me.  I will not worship them as that would dishonor them.  I will befriend them in any way that I can.  God loves all he made and so should I.  What will you write down about angels, Dear Reader?   I invite you to know them better.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“The angel slipped away; you knew your life would never be the same.” - Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment