07 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ But the Fear

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?   I am curious to know.  I am responding to every post that I see.  Today, we are going to talk about fear in a way that may free us a little.

When I was a wee lad, I learned what real fear was.  I tell the entire story in Sheetrock on the Road.  I awakened from an afternoon nap with a rattlesnake coiled on my lap.  Do not worry, I did hot die.  I did, however, learn what real fear was.


It is clear that Mary felt fear.  It seems that when angels show up, they start by telling folks not to be afraid.  All the things that could cause fear in this situation mount up quickly.  Let us have a rapid-fire look at the things that could yield fear for Mary.

An angel shows up.  He asks you to have a baby and then he leaves after you say yes.  You are going to be the mother of God.  Joseph thinks to put you away.  You could get stoned to death.  You travel to see your cousin and her baby gets excited about your babe.  Joseph changes his mind.  You both have to journey to Bethlehem.  There is no room for you.  Angels show up again.  OK, Dear Reader, take a breath.  We see that there is potential fear in all of this.

None of this, however, diverts Mary from her faith and following.  We have fear.  It assails us and tries to derail our faith.  If you feel afraid that is not wrong.  What I must do is seek the way through it by following Christ.  Sometimes I can reason my way out of it.  Sometimes I have to screw my courage to the sticking place and just keep following Jesus. 

Whatever challenges we face, we can embrace the love and care of Jesus and get through it.  We cannot allow fear to keep us from following.  It never works.  It never leaves us alone.  Jesus is there in every moment waiting for us to look for him.  It is there that we find the next step.  It is there that we find the love we need to move onward.

I feel fear as well as you do, Dear Reader.   I am writing down that I will turn that fear into hope by seeking Christ when fear assails me.  I am asking that you use your faith to do the same.  It is not always easy.  It is always worth the effort.  At first, it took me focusing on Christ every moment.  It requires that I do so sometimes still.  The truth is that Jesus is there and always has something to offer that allays my fear.  I have to allow it.

What are you going to do to allay your fears?  They may have a strong grip and call to you constantly.  There is a way out. Listen to this song and write down something brave.  I believe in you.

Behold Him - Francesca Battistelli

She put up the tree
\Stockings, one, two, three
They all know one is missing
It's been a whole year
Without him right here
Won't be the same kind of Christmas
Some years, it's wonder and lights in the sky
Some years, it's okay to cry

In your silent night
When you're not alright
Lift your eyes and behold him
Feel the thrill of hope
You are not alone
In this moment, behold him

December twenty-third
Four months out of work
And the bills just keep coming
Trying to stay strong
But he wonders how long
He'll come home empty-handed
In every prayer that you lift to the sky
In every tear that you cry

In your silent night
When you're not alright
Lift your eyes and behold him
Feel the thrill of hope
You are not alone
In this moment, behold him

Born to seek and born to save
Born to take our pain away
God with us, Emmanuel
In his arms, all will be well
(Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah)

In your silent night
When you're not alright
Lift your eyes and behold him
Feel the thrill of hope
You are not alone
In this moment, behold him (behold him)
King forevermore
Come let us adore
Christ our savior, behold him
Feel the thrill of hope
We are not alone (not alone)
In this moment, behold him
In each moment, behold him
(Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah)
Behold him

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

My Grandfather always said “It is never wrong to feel afraid.  Never allow the fear to be in charge.  That is when it kills you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment