27 December 2020

Closing of the Year ~ Turn of the Tide

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am concerned about those who are pushing so hard for the year to be over.  There are still some quality days left in this year.  It is not the year that causes the difficulties in our lives.  People have been trying to wish this one away since April.

Let us indulge in that fantasy for a moment.   Suppose we could reach a place in the year where we could collectively agree that the year would end.  How long would it be before we were wishing away the next year and the one after that?  We see the bad, forget about our blessings, and wish away the potential for good.

Just so I have managed expectations responsibly, the problems in our lives are not going to magically disappear next Thursday night.  Many will carry over because the only way out of them is through them.  I just finished writing the third book in my Thoughts and Questions Devotional series.  It will be out late in April.  The focus is on joy in whatever circumstances we find ourselves.

We wish time away instead of redeeming it.  I have spent the entire month of December being able to give to others with great joy.  It is not anything special about me.  It is the Father meeting my needs and blessing me to the point where I am free to give to others.  That last part is always there if we determine to see it.  There is always a way to see our blessings and find the joy to share with others.  Instead, we too often focus on what we do not have.

As I close this year, I am determined to see the blessings in it.  I want you to join me in this.  We are all better off than we deserve.  We all have things to be thankful for every day.  Here is a starting place for me; the Father thinks about me every single moment always.  If he did not, I would cease to exist.  Job understood this when he was sitting in ashes, mourning the deaths of his children, and being falsely accused by his friends. 

The Father constantly pours love, grace, and mercy into every moment of sand that passes through the pinch.  He asks that we look for the Son in each of those moments and follow him.  I must take time as the year drifts to the bottom of the glass to count the blessings in my life instead of wishing it away.  The tide will turn, the calendar will be renewed, and the hourglass will be full again. 

The seasons will come and go.  We will have some loss along the way.  It is my obligation to use each moment I am gifted.  As I journey through them, you are part of the company I would keep, Dear Reader.  As we close the year, let us share some of the blessings that have been ours.  I cannot wait to hear yours.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

As each grain of sand drifts through the pinch, there are blessings in it we must not miss.  

No comments:

Post a Comment