28 December 2020

Closing of the Year ~ So Many Worries

Greetings Dear Reader,

The Sunday after Christmas is always a bit of fun for me.  I enjoy seeing everyone wearing whatever things they received for Christmas.  I was not disappointed this year but there was a twist to it.  I was surprised at how many people were wearing pajamas at church.

I enquired of a friend who was in a very nice set of flannel Wonder Woman PJ’s and she told me that many people had gotten new pajamas for Christmas because they were still going to be working from home.  This was practical and humorous.  Then she said something that made me realize that beneath the practicality and the humor lay fear and worry.  She said, “If this keeps up, we will not be buying fun clothes ever again.”

The Church I attend took the time to survey us all to see if we are doing OK.  I find that folks are worried about so many things over which we have zero control.  I just completed writing about the need to refrain from worry.  It seems that we use up so much time worrying about the things we cannot control.  We waste our creativity and time on that which may not even happen.

There are so many things over which I hear worry.  I long to only ponder the things which are true, good, reputable, loving, and pure.  I do not always succeed and when I worry it is almost always over things I cannot command.  Perhaps if we focus on using time well in terms of what we think we can find a path to peace.  I know that the Father teaches me about worry.  He asks me to reject it and not overthink things.  Instead, he wishes for me to focus on faith and following the Son.


We could decide to pack up our worries with the rest of the rubbish that is in abundant supply the week after Christmas.  We can pitch it out and determine to pray instead of worry.  We can choose to love instead of fear.  It is how we use the time in our minds that determines who we are.  I hope that as we close the year you can leave your worry in the rubbish bin, Dear Reader.  I know that I want to worry no more and choose to use my time to hope, love, and have a deeper faith. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Is it possible that we are buying pajamas because we are worried that we will not need to go outside for a long time?

No comments:

Post a Comment