14 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ God is Pleased with Me

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down about life yesterday?  Please encourage me by sharing it even if you do so privately.  When we love life, it pleases the Father.

This too is part of the journey.  We often wonder if people are pleased with us.  Too often, we go to great lengths to please others and are hurt when they remain displeased with us.  This is part of the human aspect of our journey that causes great division.  Fortunately, the Father makes it quite simple to please him.  I will get to that in a moment.


First, I want to look at the pressure we put on ourselves to please others or when we are not trying to please them and they inform us that who we are displeases them.  I was recently rejected on a deep level by someone simply because of who I am.  I thought I had reached a level of friendship with this person where they understood me and were pleased with me as a person.

Recently, however, he/she made it clear that there were other standards in play that allowed unkindness because I did not think the same (read right) way on certain things.  We disagree on the application and not on the actual truths.  This falls to the place where I have to choose if I am going to be the person I am taught to be or if I am going to try to please others.

The answer flows from the thing that we must do to please the Father.  He asks us to love him.  That is all.  He requests that we love him with all we are and allow the rest of our interactions to flow from that.  If we are focused on loving the Father in all that we do, we are pleasing to him.  This is what Mary does.

When Gabriel announces the Father’s plan, Mary responds with her love for the Father.  We have so far removed our understanding of this from the young girl whose only thought is to love God.  We fill her part of the story with things that make it more than her choice to love the Father.  I feel this diminishes who she really is.

When we try to please people, we almost always get it wrong.  We end up hurt or worse.  When we try to please the Father by loving him with all that we are, we create a space where we can be good to others and it is a reflection of Christ.  If all we are and do proceeds from our love for God, it will not matter if others approve of us or not.

For Christ to be born in us, Dear Reader, we must listen to his thoughts on the greatest commandment.  I am writing down that it cannot matter if someone is pleased with me or not as long as what I do flows from my love for the Father.  If it is, then what I think, say, and do relative to others will be loving s well.  I can tell that I still fail at this but I am determined to learn.  I must focus on that love and follow it if Christ is to be born in me and bourn in me.  How about you beloved friend?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

It is not the presents that will please but rather the gift of making every thought a loving one; that is the true gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment