06 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ Will and Choice

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  I hope your time with me yielded something for you to carry beyond that time.  Obviously, it is your choice whether or not you do this but I am praying that you do.


At the heart of the nativity story is a choice.  When Mary and the angel meet, the Father already knows how things will unfold.  I give a hint of his perspective in the short story, Dinner with Father in The Twelve Tales of Christmas.  If we focus, however, on Mary, one of the things to note is her will. 

She chooses instantly to be “the handmaiden of the Lord.”  She is willing to be subject to all that is ahead of her.  Her choice is to follow the Father’s request; to love him with all that she is or is ever going to become.  Mary is instantly willing for God to be born in her. 

As we journey through the Advent season, all that we are must become willing for Christ to be born in us.  We must renew that will every moment and seek the presence of Jesus in all that we are.  I cannot love the Father with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength unless I practice the presence of Christ in all of my moments. 

Christmas is not a day in December.  It is living out the truth that each day, from December to December, Jesus wishes to be born anew in us.  It is up to me to choose each moment to allow it.  I must be willing always.  I must be true to that faith and following because it will not be forced upon me. 

This is how we show that the Father’s choice made a difference two thousand years later.  This is how we live out the choice that Mary made to benefit us.  It is the gift we give to the world.  When I choose to follow Christ in the moment, I make a difference.  When I do not, I show that others must seek elsewhere to catch a needed glimpse of Jesus.

I will write down now that I will strive to live in each moment as if I am making a choice for the world.  I will seek Christ and not my worries, self-interest, and agenda.  My plans, like Mary’s, do not matter when God steps in and asks me to be what he requires for the sake of the world.  And so, we must choose to give our will over to the moment every moment, Dear Reader.  We journey home with a certain understanding that there will be uncertainty ahead that demands we seek Christ and follow him at every turn.  So far, it is the best way to journey.  What will you write down today?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

The refusal to choose is an act of will that signifies your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment