22 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ I Will Hold You in the Beginning

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  I hope you chose to rest and breathe for a moment.  I know that we all need this but I think of the new mothers I know right now.  Colie and Rachel, I hope you are taking those moments to breathe when you can.

It is what comes after the breath that I ponder today.  Mary faced it.  I ponder my friends facing it as well.  In the beginning, God entrusted his care to a young woman.  She was the one responding to his needs.  She was the one giving him life.  The path of our redemption lay in the arms of a mother.

In the beginning, all things were made by Jesus.  John tells us that nothing was made without him.  In my collection, The Twelve Tales of Christmas, I muse on what that last moment must have been when the God of the Universe chose to become flesh and dwell among us.  Today I consider how all of the events at the beginning draw focus to Mary.

Still, it is in this that I can find the humility and nobility of Christ.  He chose to be with us.  He chose to have a mother and a father.  He decided that the best way to know us was to face the entire gauntlet of what it means to be human.  Mary will not always remember who her Son is.  This is not disrespect to her.  It is just that at one point she tells his brothers that he has gone mad. 

She could only hold him in the beginning.  All too soon she would learn that she was loved but would never be needed for correction.  He would not have to be told twice.  The discipline aspect of parenting would be very limited for Mary and Joseph where Jesus is concerned.  I am sure that at times they forgot about this.

As weak as I am, I too must hold him in the beginning.  I must choose for Christ to be born in me.  I must allow grace to give me the will to hold Christ as my own.  I made that choice so many years ago but it was hard back then.  I wrote down back then that I choose Christ over all else.  I accepted by faith that I would embrace his love for me.  It only lasted an instant; me holding him.  That is all that it takes.

I wonder, Dear Reader if you will take him in your arms so things can begin.  Perhaps it is easier at this time of year because we can see him as the infant in Bethlehem.   The transaction only happens if you allow it.  First the transaction, then the transformation, and eventually the transition.  Christ is born in us by faith through grace.  Mary did not know all that she would face, but in the beginning, she allowed Christ to be born in her then bourn by her.  That is the way it must be for us all.

Mary, Did you Know – Pentatonix

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you

Mary, did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God

Mary, did you know, Mary did you know, Mary did you know
The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb

Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I AM

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Cast out our sin, and enter in, be born in us today.” – Phillips Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment