13 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ New Life

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  How are you planning to deal with the vacancy needed for Christ to be born in you?  That birth reminds us of new life.  That birth reminds me of the idea that we need to consider how Mary felt in the crucible of her situation.

When the angel announces her choice, she says yes.  I echo with Petra the thought that I would say to Mary, “When the angel slipped away, you knew your life would never be the same.”  Mary instantly faces shame, judgment, and worse.  Yet, the knowledge that new life has formed should always be met with joy. 


The Father knew all that Mary would face and still chose to work his redemption of us out in this way.  Perhaps the Father is reminding us that we must not judge the value of new life by the circumstances in which we presume it came about.  The resounding lesson I see for me here is that every human that judged Mary in those months was dead wrong.  Their thoughts were not focused on the love that the Law of Moses demands.

If Christ is to be bourn in me at all times, I must cherish all life.  I must not judge if it should exist.  It does, therefore, God has allowed it.  That must be enough for me if I am to follow Christ well.  This also means that I must value every life to the degree that love is my first thought for every human.

Mary chose to give life to our Redeemer.  We celebrate the child but do we really embrace all that he is?  For Christ to be born in me, I must celebrate all that he is and not only what is convenient for my desire and culture.   I must celebrate Jesus and not just the event.  I must embrace the man who rises from the child.

When we hear that anyone is carrying life, we must celebrate that soul and love it no matter the cost to us.  Every human soul must matter to me if Christ is to abide in me.  Every hungry child or homeless veteran merits my concern.  All displaced humans are my business.  They are yours as well Dear Reader.

I dare not celebrate the Child of Bethlehem if I will not love what he loves.  That is a dangerous hypocrisy for me.  We need to sing, dance, and laud the birth of Jesus.  We need to also always write down that every single life matters to him and, therefore, to us. 

Take a moment to celebrate in earnest and then find ways to live out that joy by loving those around us.  Give from a full heart.  Be generous and kind.  Esteem every life you encounter as worthy of the same love that you show the babe in the manger.  Write about how you are getting there, Dear Reader.  I love you and believe in you.

Celebrate the Child – Michael Card

Celebrate the Child who is the Light
Now the darkness is over
No more wandering in the night
Celebrate the Child who is the Light

You know this is no fable
Godhead and manhood became one
We see He's more than able
And so we live to God the Son

Celebrate the Child who is the Light
Now the darkness is over
No more wandering in the night
Celebrate the Child who is the Light

Firstborn of creation
Lamb and Lion, God and Man
The Author of Salvation
Almighty wrapped in swaddling bands

Celebrate the Child who is the Light
Now the darkness is over
No more wandering in the night
Celebrate the Child who is the Light

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Once in Royal David's City stood a lonely cattle shed, where a mother held her baby.  You'd do well to remember the things He later said.” – Ian Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment