01 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ Opening Thoughts

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

As we enter the last thirty-one days of 2020, I want to find a way to walk toward Christmas with a heart filled with Jesus and his love for everyone.  This is one of the few topics that I choose ahead of time what I am going to write about for the month.  I was searching since early June for something to make a difference for my journey and your heart, Dear Reader.


I think this year we need to ponder things from the perspective of a young single girl who is asked by the Father to carry a beautiful and terrible honor.  We need something in us that will remind us of the potential for peace and joy.  We have to find a way through the mess we are in on both a current and a universal scale.

The song from which I chose my undercurrent this year is one that asks for Jesus to be born in us.  Please be sure that you listen to it.  What I wish is to be sure that Christ is both born in me and that he is bourn in me.  I want to have that Spirit live in me and be carried in me as I approach the manger this year. 

We will discuss ways to do that and the feelings that may arise whilst trying.  I am also asking you to do something this year, Dear Reader.  After you read my words, I would like you to write some of your own.  You do not have to share them on my blog but I would feel honored if you did.  At the end of each post, write down something that you can do to enrich the presence of Christmas in your heart. 

Even if you do not believe as I do, you can benefit from seeking joy, peace, and love.  We will journey through the weeks together and I will treasure your company.  Hearing from you would be a precious gift.  In any case, my December prayer is that you allow the Child of Bethlehem to be born in you and then, bourn in you as we journey home. 

Be Born in Me - Francesca Battistelli 

Everything inside me cries for order
Everything inside me wants to hide
Is this shadow, an angel or a warrior?
If God is pleased with me, why am I so terrified?

Someone tell me I am only dreaming
Somehow help me see with Heaven's eyes
And before my head agrees, my heart is on its knees
Holy is He, blessed am I

Be born in me, be born in me
Trembling heart, somehow, I believe
That You chose me
I'll hold you in the beginning
You will hold me in the end
Every moment in the middle
Make my heart your Bethlehem
Be born in me

All this time we've waited for the promise
All this time You've waited for my arms
Did You wrap yourself inside the unexpected
So we might know that love would go that far?

Be born in me, be born in me
Trembling heart, somehow, I believe
That You chose me
I'll hold you in the beginning
You will hold me in the end
Every moment in the middle
Make my heart your Bethlehem
Be born in me

I am not brave
I'll never be
The only thing my heart can offer is a vacancy
I'm just a girl
Nothing more
I am willing, I am Yours

Be born in me, be born in me
I'll hold you in the beginning
You will hold me in the end
Every moment in the middle
Make my heart your Bethlehem
Be born in me

 Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.” 
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Tell me Christmas are we wise to believe in things we never see?” – Transiberian Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment