11 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ My Heart is on its Knees

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  I am enjoying the comments and messages.  I am even getting some funny SPAM.   I may collect some of it to share with you in a Second Thought. 


As I promised, there is a part two to yesterday’s focus.  The entire line from the song is “Before my mind agrees, my heart is on its knees.”  This is the reaction we see in Mary.  She is responding with love and obedience before she has reasoned it through.  She responds with her heart and faith.

We think that that urge to love is unreasonable.  We want to think it over and then we overthink it.  So often we let the moment to live in faith and love slip through the glass untouched.  It is those moments where we embrace belief and follow the love of Christ that we find our true selves.  Mary’s example is vital to our journey to Bethlehem and to Home.

If Christ is to be born in us and bourn in us then we will have to carry him by faith.  It is hard to believe at times for all of us.  Then it becomes a choice.  We can echo the words, “Lord I believe, help my unbelief.”  We can journey another step, one at a time if necessary, in faith.  The point is that we must choose to do it.  Just as Gabriel asks if Mary is willing, the Father asks for us to will to believe even when it is difficult. 

We all face times when we are challenged in our belief.  We must accept that the choice to believe is always ours to make.  The Spirit will help us but only if we allow it.  When we look at Mary at this crossroads of choice, she held the future of us all in that single grain of sand in the pinch of time.

Her choice becomes a choice that we all get to make.  She follows her heart to her knees and chooses the Father and loving him over safety, security, and serenity.  The rest of her life will be marked by this moment.  She chooses to allow the Son to be born in her so that he can also be born in us.

I am writing this down, Dear Reader.  I will ask Christ to be born in me every day, every moment.  I will allow my heart to go to its knees at every thought of faith and following.  I must or Christ cannot be bourn by me.  “I will carry Christmas in my heart all the year.”  Perhaps we can do so together and learn that the journey is not a burden.

Breath of Heaven – Amy Grant

I have traveled many moonless nights
Cold and weary with a babe inside
And I wonder what I've done
Holy father you have come
And chosen me now to carry your son
I am waiting in a silent prayer
I am frightened by the load I bear
In a world as cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone?

Be with me now
Be with me now
Breath of heaven
Hold me together
Be forever near me
Breath of heaven
Breath of heaven

Lighten my darkness
Pour over me your holiness
For you are holy
Breath of heaven
Do you wonder as you watch my face
If a wiser one should have had my place
But I offer all I am
For the mercy of your plan
Help me be strong
Help me be
Help me
Breath of heaven
Hold me together
Be forever near me
Breath of heaven
Breath of heaven

Lighten my darkness
Pour over me your holiness
For you are holy
Breath of heaven
Hold me together
Be forever near me
Breath of heaven
Breath of heaven

Lighten my darkness
Pour over me your holiness
For you are holy
Breath of heaven
Breath of heaven
Breath of heaven

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Give up on your pondering and fall on your knees.” – Michael Card

No comments:

Post a Comment