12 December 2020


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  Is your heart on its knees?  The other line about the heart captivates me.  It brings tears to my eyes as I realize that I mean it every time I ponder it.  “The only thing my heart can offer is a vacancy.”

I love the imagery of this line.  Mary immediately offers her heart for the Father to bring the Son into the world.  Then there has to be room in Joseph’s heart for him to accept the situation.  We get a glimpse when he is willing to put Mary away without public shame. Then he accepts it as well when he gets his angelic visit.

The imagery is further enforced by the lack of room at the inn.  The innkeeper lets them use his cattle stall.  He makes room where there is none.  This is exactly what Christ does for us.  He makes room in our hearts through grace and love.  He asks us to make room in our hearts for him. 

The Father is always looking for us to be vacant to his love.  He wishes to fill every heart with it.  He will take hearts of stone and make them flesh so that we can receive the Son.  It is how we use faith to have Christ born in us.

I am writing down that the Father can do whatever he wishes to me in order to wrangle my wandering heart.  He can do anything he wishes to transform me into his Son’s image.  I hope that you can find room for Christ to be daily born in you, Dear Reader.  You see, the magic of Christmas is that the Father seeks each of us always.

We are the ones lost in the night who need Christ to be born in us and then Christ is to be bourn by us so that others can see as well.  All I have to offer is my vacant heart but that is enough.

Ornament – Trans-Siberian Orchestra

There is an ornament
Lost inside the night
There on a Christmas tree
With a thousand light
ts
No one can see her
She's standing all alone
Somewhere she glistens where no one can see

I don't believe I can say what had happened
All of those words that we put into play
No longer matter, I should have known that then
I just know you're far away
On this Christmas Day
On this Christmas Day
On this Christmas

Somewhere the wind
Carves moments in the snow
And if he sees her
He never lets it show
He just drifts behind her
Erasing every step
Tinsel and garland are whispered through trees
I don't believe I can say what had happened
All of those words that we put into play
No longer matter, I should have known that then
I just know you're far away
On this Christmas Day
On this Christmas Day
On this Christmas

Come Christmas, stay Christmas
Watch over her this day
Keep her, protect her
From harm now in every way
Shelter her gently
There in your arms, she'll be
Until the day
When you bring her back home to me

There is an ornament lost inside the night

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“But I will take your heart of stone and replace it with a new heart; a heart of flesh” Isiah

No comments:

Post a Comment