24 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ Every Moment in the Middle

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  We are able to journey with the hope that Christ will one day hold us.  Today, this Christmas Eve, my prayer is that God would “every moment in the middle make my heart your Bethlehem.”

The journey is the same one that Mary took.  It is allowing Christ to be born in us and then making it a moment-by-moment choice for Christ to abide in us; to be bourn by us.  It is the focus of these last two years for me to learn how to better do this.  It is why Christmas means so much to me.  It is why I love Scrooge so deeply and say with him, “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach.”

Mary arrives in Bethlehem and eventually, Jesus is born.  The census ends and they stay there for a time.  The Magi arrive a couple of years later.  Soon after this, they will escape to Egypt.  It is not enough that Christ is born through her on that night.  Mary must allow him to be born in her every moment of life.  We see her forget a couple of times that her Son knows. Her Son does everything right, therefore, when she disagrees or doubts, she is not letting him be born in her in that moment. 

I must allow Christ to be born in me in the midst of every moment of my life.  I must follow him into the next moment and the one after that.  I must take up my cross and immerse my life in the joy of his salvation and the fellowship of his suffering.  We must find him in the midst of everything for that moment to be one that lasts.

I will have a second thought for you this evening, Dear Reader.  I will post it early enough for you to have a little Christmas story before your long winter’s nap.  Today I have written down Charles Dickens’ words promising to honor Christmas in my heart all year long.  From December to December, I will strive to live this love and joy that we are given by a Father who is determined to bring us home. 

I will withdraw for now.  I hope that your Christmas Eve is one where you have found a new way for Christ to be born in you or bourn by you.  I love you and wish you a very Happy Christmas.  I would love to hear how Christ will be born in you each day.

The First Noel/Mary Mary – Sarah McLachlan

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel

Mary, Mary had a little baby
Yes, pretty little baby
Yes, pretty little baby
Glory be to the newborn King

A star shining, shining on the manger
Yes, shining on the manger
Yes, welcoming a stranger
Glory be to the newborn King

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel

The First Noel, the angels did say
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay
In fields where they lay keeping their sheep
On a cold winter's night that was so deep

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel

They looked up and saw a star
Shining in the East beyond them far
And to the earth, it gave great light
And so it continued both day and night

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel

Some call Him Emmanuel, think I'll call him Jesus
Yes, think I'll call him Jesus
Yes, pretty little Jesus
Glory be to the newborn King

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach.” – Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment