23 December 2020

Be Born in Me ~ You Will Hold me in the End

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

What did you write down yesterday?  I hope you have begun to hold him as your own.  If you have there is an inherent promise that you also hold in your hands.  That is the promise that he will hold you in the end. 

Someone had the good sense to write down my Grandfather’s last words.  They were simply this, “They are here to take me home now.  Everything is true and it is better than we ever imagined.  I will see you soon.”  The short time we had together was a time when he constantly wanted me to see Jesus and embrace him.  I would not do that until he had been gone for five years.

We get excited about signs and portents like plagues and planetary conjunctions when what we can see daily is that Jesus promised to hold us at the end of things.  Whether that is my reaching the clearing at the end of the journey or Jesus coming back to collect me, I long for it.  I know that this journey is one to a place that is better, richer, and more than I can ponder.

This is why I carry Christmas in my heart all year long.  I do not spend a single day without pondering the promise of that great and immanent celebration of Christ (that is what Christ-mass means).  It is not the momentary instances of joy and excitement.  I do treasure that.  It is the long view that enchants me.  It is the time when Christmas keeps the promise that it makes from December to December. 

I embrace that promise in the Dog Days of Summer.  I try to live that promise in the green of Spring and the fire of Autumn.  I am writing down that I believe that Jesus will hold me in the end.  He will hold all who will allow it and that is a beautiful thing.  He will flood the world with his love for us. 

As we turn to Christmas Eve, I long for you to have the gift that matters most.  I deeply desire for you to embrace Jesus and embark on this journey of faith and following.  I love you, Dear Reader.   Please share with me the thoughts you write down.  If you have questions, you can send those as well.  We are on the verge of Christmas and it has promises to keep.

Promises to Keep - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Christmas time 
On a cold December morning 
All is calm 
And the world is still asleep 
Christmas lights 
That have been caught without warning 
Gently glitter on 
Stars to wish upon 
All the world is at peace

Christmas time and the year will soon be leaving 
Cloaked in time till it's just a memory 
Christmas stays if we don't forget its meaning 
Days go quickly by 
Years they multiply 
And we go searching for thee

And the dream is still alive 
From that first December morning 
And it always will survive 
As long as we can see 
That the dreams we find in life 
Are the dreams we tend to seek 
And Christmas has its promises to keep

Christmas time 
And the moments just beginning 
From last night 
When we'd wished upon a star

If our kindness 
This day is just pretending 
If we pretend long enough 
Never giving up 
It just might be who we are

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“They are here to take me home now.  Everything is true and it is better than we ever imagined.  I will see you soon.” – CFB  

No comments:

Post a Comment