01 November 2019

The Hallowed Days ~ All Saints


Greetings Dear Reader,

For those of you who do not share my faith, this has nothing to do with the New Orleans football team, the British fashion line, or the movie of that title.  The latter bears one’s attention, however.  What we are speaking about is the day in which we honor all the saints, all those known and unknown who have followed Christ in faith.

I am not talking about just the miracle workers or the famous icons of our history.  I am speaking of all those who fight every moment to be more like Christ in love and faith.  This all sounds very “religious” to some but it is at the core of the inclusiveness of faith.  Anyone who makes it a practice to seek the Father through the Son is honored today.  I realize that you do not all agree with this but I will honor you none-the-less. 

It is my heart to be sure that anyone with the courage to have faith in a world where it is thin be respected and honored.  Your faith need not be strong or large.  It is not required that it be unwavering or lack questions.  I have a friend, Brian, who shows great faith because in his doubt he relentlessly pursues the truth.  The faith to keep seeking is a faith to be honored.

I find that my faith, though hard-won, is easy to hold.  I do not always employ it well but it is rarely thin.  In that blessing, I must avoid the curse of forgetting that it is not easy for everyone.  Simply saying to have faith can be condescending and an insult to those who battle to hold onto the mustard seed they possess. 

If you have faith in any measure and seek to follow in it, you are doing the work of a saint.  So, today I express my gratitude for your company in the journey and my love for you as we travel home to that Undiscovered Country only reachable through faith.  It is this gratitude, Dear Reader, that I wish to hone as we begin the turn toward the other Holy Days.  After all, if we journey with saints, the entire duration of the journey is hallowed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment