12 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Information


Greetings Dear Reader,

Let us begin with a test.  Without searching the internet, identify this song.  “When it hit those dancing waters in an instant all eternity I knew.”  You would likely only get this if you knew the artist, his music, or regularly read my BLOG.   The answer is below for those who do not possess the information already.

There is a game I used to play with some of my friends when search engines were young.  We would find a short obscure phrase and search to find the fewest results.   The idea is that the shortest phrase with the fewest results wins.  As the availability of information on the internet grew, the game became nearly impossible to play.   Feel free to try it and enjoy the results.

When I was in school, research had to be done via libraries and books.  I even, at one time had my own microfiche and subscribed to a service that provided me dissertations on microfilm.  My book collection of research books numbered in the thousands.  Then I learned to use digital books and the vast resources of information available to me via my keyboard. 

I am so thankful for the ease of research and the vast knowledge available to me.  I love to learn new things and this particular tool is one we take for granted now.  If we go back to my opening challenge, it would be nearly impossible without the internet.  We need to consider then what this does for us and also to us.  Having been given this vast resource, we must ponder our accountability for it.  If we are given much then much is expected from us. 

The beginning of that accountability is gratitude.  Simply being grateful for the ease with which we can learn anything is a wise choice.  Every instance where we find out what we need to know without expending more effort than a few keystrokes is a blessing.  Think about those times when you have no signal or internet connection and need to find out something.  Again, our first response should be to express gratitude for when we do have it.

I must remain grateful for the information that gets me to where I need to go.  I need to never take it for granted.  Knowledge can lead to understanding and then application if we allow it.  It is in this vast sea of knowledge that I find what I need to pursue the history of my novels.  It is in the obscure tidbits in backwater web pages that I discover the small things that intrigue and grab attention.  It is in these discoveries that I am determined to express more simple gratitude.  In them, if my heart is focused on the right things, I can find a little magic.

Magic Every Moment – Dan Fogelberg

I awoke this morning to a shattering sound
And I went downstairs and found these shards of glass strewn all around
There upon the floor, I found this poor broken dove
And it made me realize how very fragile is this life that we so love

I came back up to bed and I held you so tight
And I prayed up to the Father, oh I prayed with all my might
That He'd always keep you with me, that He'd always keep you safe
And when I went downstairs, I found that dove had somehow up and flown away

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracle each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh, won't you let the music play
Oh, won't you let the music play

On a high and windy island, I was gazing out to sea
When a long-forgotten feeling came and took control of me
It was then the clouds burst open and the sun came pouring through
When it hit those dancing waters in an instant all eternity I knew

There's so much we take for granted--there's so much we never say
We get caught up in the motion of just a living day-to-day
We are fettered to the future, we are prisoners of the past
And we never seem to notice 'til our lives have finally
Slipped right through our grasp

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracle each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh, won't you let the music play
Oh, won't you let the music play

You can see forever in a single drop of dew
You can see that same forever if you look down deep inside of you
There's a spark of the creator in every living thing
He respects me when I work but He so loves me when I sing

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracle each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh, won't you let the music play
Oh, won't you let the music play

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment