13 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Connection


Greetings Dear Reader,

I had pondered writing about something different this morning but the course of events has unfolded in a way that has me quite thankful for connection.  I promise to get to the other simple gratitude in a day or two.  The type of connection I mean is when we are able to introduce one human to another for their mutual benefit.  Doing this really fills my heart with joy.

Sometimes I think that I have a knack for this.  I have looked back over the years at the connections I have been able to foster and most of them are very good.  This includes eighteen marriages where I suggested to one person or the other that they may enjoy each other’s company.  The social and business connections are delightful for me as well.

Yesterday, a friend living on the other side of the country asked me about a property for sale in this state.  I have another friend, Nidia who is a realtor.  She is not just a realtor, however; she is a person of integrity and kindness.  I was able to connect the two of them with confidence that they would be good to each other.  I am thankful for the simple gift of arranging connections.

It is in this same spirit that I seek to connect others with Jesus.  I do not need to force or pressure anyone to follow Christ.  Rather, I would like to live a life of such deep love and kindness to others that my reason for it is obvious.  I want everyone to connect with Christ in a way that enriches them.  I know he is dependable and able to be of benefit to everyone.  I know that when people choose to connect with him, there is always a richness in the knowing.

If we develop simple gratitude toward our connections and the ability to connect, then we can use our knowledge and understanding of others to build our community.  We can be of benefit to those in need.  We can enrich our ability to show love and kindness through service to others.  It turns a simple gratitude into something that can change lives.  That, Dear Reader, is no small thing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment