16 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Music


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have written often about my love for music.  I have written occasionally about how in every situation there is a song playing in my head related to that situation.  Sometimes, when I have an earworm running the situational song will compete with the earworm for attention. 

Please do not think of it as a cacophonous clamor.  The songs are distinct and almost always clear as to why they are present.  I also realize that I have a vast catalog of music in my head.  It is this latter bit that causes me simple gratitude.  I am grateful that I am built with a song in my heart.  It is sometimes a dirge but it is still music.  It still is a melody to carry me through the moment with a little more clarity.

I am not going to pretend to understand how the Father and my psyche planned things in orchestrating this trait within me.  It does serve me well and occasionally those with whom I share it.  It reminds me that we are all part of a great song.  We are notes and movements within the universe of the Father’s symphony.  The idea is to live each note so that it is in harmony with the composer and the remainder of the players. 

The music in my heart and head often leads me into an understanding of the moment.  It helps me be more present with what is unfolding.  The emotion of the song can help me navigate the emotion of the events or interactions.  When I am alone the music plays me into better thinking and writing.  The journey through times when I am alone is easier. 

Sometimes I get to add to the catalog by discovering new artists or unknown music from artists I already know.  Last night I found two entire albums from an artist I like but had not previously seen this part of her work.  Again, my simple gratitude flows from the idea that the Father puts new music in my path and in my head when I need it. 

It is the constant flow of the music that fills my heart and pushes me down the path toward home.  I have dithered over what song to share to finish this post.  It has taken longer to decide than to write the actual post.  I will give you two.  One is an instrumental that is my favorite piece of music in all the universe.  It is called The Inner Light, composed by Jerry Goldsmith.  Take the time to let it teach you about its beauty.  On nights when I am troubled, I have listened to it on repeat whilst sleeping.

The other song, Dear Reader is below.  It is the song that defines my journey and my constant wish for you to find your way.  It is the thought I have at every parting whether for a moment or until I reach the clearing at the end of the path.  My simple gratitude for music is summed up in these two beautiful creations.  Find joy in them, Dear Reader.  I love you enough to share that which is so precious to me.

Joy in the Journey – Michael Card

There is a joy in the journey,
There’s a light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life,
and freedom for those who obey.

And all those who seek it shall find it, a pardon for all who believe.
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

To all who've been born of the Spirit
And who share incarnation with him;
Who belong to eternity, stranded in time,
And weary of struggling with sin.

Forget not the hope that's before you,
And never stop counting the cost.
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost?

There is a joy in the journey,
There’s a light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life,
And freedom for those who obey.
And freedom for those who obey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment