05 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Text Messages


Greetings Dear Reader,

I am older than email.  I have seen the computer go from a fancy idea to the keystone of communication for much of the business world. Technology provides my income until you buy enough of my books.  I am thankful for most of the technology in my life. 

Specifically, I am thankful for text messages.  I cannot always answer a call.  The text message lets someone communicate at his or her convenience without it having to be immediate.  I always answer as soon as I can out of courtesy.  It is also a good thing for remembering what was said.

When we use a text message to express kindness, compassion, support, or love we create something to which someone can return to see the words we sent.  I use this very prevalent tool to encourage others.  I have also used it to not be so kind and have chosen to never do that again.  I think what it comes down to is simple gratitude for communication.

It is the communication that is key.  I am thankful for the freedom and ease with which I can reach out to others to be good.  I want to communicate love and kindness.  There are people whose lives are busy and I can insert that communication into the day without breaking their stride.  I am thankful that the opportunity is always there and I plan to use it judiciously. 

Know, Dear Reader, that at the core of the matter is that I am thankful for the simple use of communication.  I find that the simple use of kindness in text messages can make a difference.  I am encouraged when others do the same for me.  The extended benefit is that it reminds me to have care in all that I communicate. 

I have gratitude for text messages because, ultimately, they help me communicate Christ to others through love and kindness.  They surprise me with joy and hope when it is unexpected.  This simple thing pushes me to simple gratitude daily.  I want to use that gratitude to influence all of my communication.  I want continuously message love and hope to you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter        My Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment