19 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Anticipation

Greetings Dear Reader,

I always get excited when I am about to travel.  In part, it is still that little-boy-excited that I feel when getting ready to embark on a journey.  I feel that excitement today as I plan for my journey north on Wednesday.

I love travel and am working slowly toward more of it for the sake of being available to others.  Today, however, I want to be sure that I am grateful for the anticipation.  Looking forward to this journey is a form of hope.  I look forward to the chance to see friends, celebrate my Grandson’s birthday, and the time to pray as I drive. 

That last part is something I truly treasure.  I spend the time driving in prayer for things related to my journey and my friends.  I promise that I pray with my eyes open whilst driving.  Still, even anticipation of the driving is something I value.  I pack and plan, thinking about the stops I will make for petrol and meals.  I have made this particular drive dozens of times over the last twenty years. 

As I have grown to know the route, I now think of things I anticipate seeing along the way.  Some of those things evoke memories of travel with Avalon and my Sons when they were younger.  There is a town where we have broken down twice and it is now a byword of care.  It is also a vast windfarm and I always marvel at the vanes turning with the wind that is always there but never visible.

I anticipate becoming more like that wind.  Jesus told Nicodemus.  “the wind blows where it will.  You hear the sound of it but cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.  So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”  This is what I long for my life to become.  I am asking for it, seeking it, and anticipating it. 

This is anticipation that drives me to be careful and carefree about everything.  It pushes me to be wise in my use of resources.  I must be grateful for anticipation that motivates me to become more of what Christ wishes me to become so that I may follow him more closely.  It is this anticipation, without an expectation that forges the hope we need on the path home.

I long to be driven by the Spirit, Dear Reader.  I have seen how becoming this can put me in the right place at just the right time.  I am filled with anticipation of journeying through my days bourn of the Spirit.  You are always welcome to journey with me Dear Reader.  Today, I wish to express my gratitude for that anticipation.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment