11 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Smiles


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things we do not really appreciate enough is a smile.  They are a gift, given from one person to another.  They may or may not be reciprocated.  Sometimes they are forced.

What I am grateful for is their amazing power.  They can change a room, a situation, or a life.  They cannot be prevented or called back once engaged.  Smiles are always an option.  When I see those of my children, my soul lightens.  When I receive one from a friend, my day is better for it. 

Smiles, however, significantly fall under the banner of it is better to give than to receive.  It is great joy to me to give a smile to someone who seems to be busy, taxed, or burdened.  I like catching an eye, engaging in a look, and giving a heartfelt smile.  It is part of my discipline to be aware of the person over whatever is taking place.  I find it always keeps me aware of the needs of others as opposed to my own needs.

The entire idea of smiles is one where I dream of humans engaging in a constant exchange of them.  I also find great joy in drawing one out of someone who seems to be having a difficult day.  I do not want to force it or demand it.  Rather, I want to be kind enough that it comes from a heart that has been warmed by my attention to the soul behind the burden. 

We can create a better space to show our love to others Dear Reader.  This can be done if we are careful to attend to the hearts and minds of others.  We can engage in smiles that are genuine.  We can reach out to others with kind hearts.  It is my obligation to be aware of the needs of others for this kindness.  It is my heart to find a way to lighten the life of everyone.  Valuing smiles begins with the simple gratitude of seeing their worth.  I have a smile for you whenever you need it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment