06 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Constant Creation


Greetings Dear Reader,

I was speaking with my friend Bob on Sunday.  We were discussing the beauty of the cool Autumn weather, not to pass the time but because we both appreciated the weather.  I recalled that my Grandfather always took the time to talk about the weather and point out the creation involved in it.

One of the things he taught has stuck all these years.  We were out on the first day of bow hunting season, eating a breakfast of hardboiled eggs, cold sausage patties, and pilfered pecan pie.  Perched on his favorite watching hill, we could see the valley in which we would hunt and the stream off to the east.  It was light and the sun would soon creep over the hill beyond the stream.

As I bit into the piece of pie from my Grandmother’s cupboard, my Grandfather pointed to the single shaft of light streaking upward among the tattered morning clouds.  He smiled at me kindly and said, “It looks like God is going to give us a light show before we head down to hunt.  Leave us stay and watch it.”

I was content to sit there with him as long as he wished.  I had also learned that if I said nothing he would say more.  He would tell me what he was really thinking.  He did.  Pointing at the pink and orange hues that complimented the fiery Autumn leaves he said, “Always remember when you see a pretty sunrise that the Father is making sunrise all day every day.  There is never a minute when the sun is not rising and setting and he is painting the sky for his pleasure and our instruction.”

Even in the times when I was furthest from God the sunrise and sunsets in my life have reminded me that the Father is in the business of constant creation.  The Father does this for the world and for me.  He does it for us all Dear Reader.  It is in his nature to create and his desire is to constantly recreate us into what we are meant to become.

I am thankful for the sunrises that remind me of the love of the Father and practice thanking him when their beauty presents itself.  This simple gratitude is a conscious constant reminder that he is working constantly to bring us all back to good.  We do our part by following the Son with grateful hearts.  Thank you for walking with me, Dear Reader.

Doulos Kemper Crabb

You are my God
And I am your man
I will follow you
With the work of my hand
And the thoughts of my mind
And the love of my heart

If the world could know
If they could understand
Ah, the exquisite touch
Of the Creator's hand
Brings a blur to my eye
But makes my vision clear

Ring, rainbow ring
Encircles the throne
Fiery ring of love
Around your throne

Here is my ear
Drive through the nail
The world will know
By the ring that I wear
That I am not for sale
For you are my God
And I am your man

Ring, rainbow ring
Encircles the throne
Fiery ring of love
Around your throne
A ring to show
Just where I stand
A ring that binds my heart
Into your hand

You are my God
And I am your man

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon                   
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter        
Medium           Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment