21 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Travel


Greetings Dear Reader,

Editorial Note:  I wrote this, this morning when I stopped for breakfast.  The Internet failed just as I was ready to post.

In order to be sure that my posts reach you daily, I have to plan more carefully when I am traveling.  As I write this, I am using WIFI from a generous restaurant.  I am thankful for this and the ease with which my writing can get posted when I am living the life of a nomad.

What I am grateful for today is the travel itself.  The miles slipping beneath my wheels is one I treasure.  I can drive for hours without stopping, though I always stop without complaint for companions who profess the need to drop off or take on liquids.  I enjoy the journey. 

Slipping out of a meeting I attended with people I love, slipping into the driver’s seat, and joining the slipstream of other travelers is a beautiful thing.  I set up my music, make sure I have water at hand, and yearn to be on the freeway.  There is a song that relates this so deeply for me that I will share in December as I journey again to the northern Midwest. 

The simple gratitude, Dear Reader, is to find that travel is something to be treasured.  Every mile has something in it to enjoy and value.  My dad used to always say, “Look now because it will never be the same.”  The truth of this grows in my understanding constantly.  Each fleeting moment is one in which to find and value the gifts from the father that surround us. 

Today I will enjoy breakfast at a place I know and love from many years of driving this highway.  I will have time to pray for those who I know have needs without worrying about the clock.  Later I will see a dear friend whose presence is always a blessing to my life.  It is the journey that provides the joy if we allow it.  Your thoughts and questions are part of that well Dear Reader.  Tomorrow I will write to you from a colder place with a warmer heart. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment