20 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Unnecessary Kindness


Greetings Dear Reader,

At least once every day someone is kind to me without it being necessary.  It takes many forms and comes from differing sources.  We have a duty to kindness that is inherent in our duty to love others and show them grace and mercy.  One of the ways we demonstrate that love is through kindness.

I am not, however, talking about our duty to kindness.  I am speaking of my gratitude for acts of kindness that are spontaneous, unplanned, and almost instinctual.  Whether it is my young niece insisting that she open a door for me or a friend reaching out because he or she is praying for me, the act is encouraging and uplifting.  It fuels my heart to be kinder as well.,

Over the last year, as I have focused on cementing love as my hard deck for all operations, I have seen so much kindness in small things.  A friend brought me Nehi soda after he read my post about Nehi soda.  Another person gave me salad when they had no idea I had been talking to the Father about missing salads. 

The idea of kindness given when it is not necessary is at the core of dealing with all people in love.  It is a way to help people along the path so that for a moment the journey is easier.  It is the unnecessary kindness that sets us above the manners and social mores that we are supposed to observe.  When someone responds to my kindness with “you don’t have to do that”, my response is, “you are right, but I get to do it and that makes me happy.” 

As the Holy Days begin to build momentum, things will become harried and rushed.  If we look for and give out unnecessary kindness, we will find more peace, patience, and joy.  I am thankful for kindness when it is shown to me Dear Reader.  I am also thankful for the opportunities to show it.  It may be that this is one of the areas where it is truly better to give than to receive.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment