27 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ NiecePhews, Pies, and Pumpkins


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I promised yesterday, I will get back to the pies today.  First, I should explain the term, NiecePhews.  I grow weary of always having to type nieces and nephews so, as is my right as an author, they are NiecePhews. 

Later today, I will be making pies for Thanksgiving with my younger NiecePhews.  The lad wishes to be a chef one day after he first wins MasterChef Junior.  The young lass wants to be a part of anything that I do with her brother.  We will be making pumpkin and mincemeat pies.  I have everything ready and am looking forward to guiding younger minds through the pie making journey.

My gratitude is for the opportunity to teach, the making of the pies, and the actual pies themselves.  I am filled with joy at the anticipation of moving young hearts along a path they enjoy.  My gratitude is for the much better place I am in this year as we approach the day set aside for giving thanks.  Not only is my practical situation more secure, but my heart is also in the rebuilding stage of a complete reset. 

My mind is on a fresh path.  I have written two books this year and will complete a third by the end of the week.  Two of my new works, The Twelve Tales of Christmas and Thoughts and Questions on Ephesians were both published this year.  I am working daily to move to make my living only from writing.  My second devotional will be published in early Spring and my novel for Christmas 2020 will be back from the editor in a fortnight. 

As I make pies with family today, I realize that I will have much for which to be simply grateful.  Part of that gratitude, Dear Reader is learning to be thankful for what is in front of me at the moment.  In trying to do this, I have realized that there is always something for which to be grateful.  There is always a blessing in the moment as it unfolds.  Christ is present in every instant if we seek him.  At this moment, I am also thankful for you and your company on the journey home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment