15 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Constant Conversation


Greetings Dear Reader,

Take a moment to consider the human that you know best.  That person that you can speak to about anything at any time is rare and precious.  That person also has to sleep, may have other obligations, or perhaps does not always have the resources to listen. 

If we pray, however, the Father is always there, never sleeping, and listens to every word no matter how foolish or mundane it might be.  This is simple and you may not need reminding of it.  In contrast, you may not believe that prayer has any value at all.  I have always, since I chose to follow Christ, prayed.  For too many years, however, I did not appreciate the value of this time.

For the last year, I have been spending extended time daily in prayer.  I have focused on spending time with the Father and learning that there is a depth to his attention to me that I cannot measure.  There is something about investing this time that is different than I imagined.  But, wait, there is more.

I want to express my simple gratitude that I can constantly converse with him.  I am completely able to speak to the one who created me and knows me most intimately.  I can do this at any time about any matter.  If I am impressed by nature or some small thing delights me he is there to share it with.  Something so simple has so much power.

Imagine trying to speak to a president or monarch at any time day or night about anything.  We cannot.  He is too busy and we are not as important to him or her as other matters.  The Father, however, never ceases to think about any of us.  He is always there.  He hears and he responds.

The journey is too long to make it alone without the company of a proper companion.  Jesus said he is with us always.  The Father is always listening.  He is always moving to draw us closer to him; closer to home.  He wishes for us to know him Dear Reader.  One cannot really know someone without speaking to them.  So today, perhaps we should express some simple gratitude to the Father for always listening to all of us.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment