25 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ The Rundown


Greetings Dear Reader,

In case it has not escaped you, one month from today is Christmas Day.  I realize that this realization comes with both joy and panic.  I find the rundown to Christmas exhilarating. 

There are those who do not like the time and find it stressful.  There are even those who dislike Christmas.  I wish to express simple gratitude for the time and for all the facets of feeling surrounding it.  I long to express this gratitude by being aware of the feelings toward Christmas that others carry. 

It is not my place to make you love Christmas.  I will, however, love it enough for both of us until you come around.  I do want to show you why I value it so dearly.  I also want to understand anything the holds you back from the joy of the season.  Whether it be anxiety, bad memories, or your view of the season, how you feel matters.  I care about you and only wish the best for you Dear Reader.

I am thankful for this time when I can express my joy more freely and share it with others.  One of the ways to show that gratitude is to love everyone, no matter how engaged or disengaged he or she is from Christmas.  The intent is to pass on the good tidings of great joy intended for everyone.  Not everyone celebrates Christmas, but it is intended for each of us, collectively and individually.

This is why I am thankful for the rundown to Christmas.  It gives me an opportunity to show the spirit of the season that I try to keep all the year.  I put up my tiny tree in my car for my journey north.  Someone at a coffee shop there recognized me as the “guy with the Santa hat.”  She said that I made her feel “like Christmas.”   If the sum of what I impart to others could always be that, then I would be truly blessed.   My desire is for you to feel like the perfect Christmas morning every day Dear Reader.  As we walk toward it, I will offer some ways to take up this mantle as I seek to better carry it myself. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment