23 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Gatherings


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that permeates our lives this time of year is gatherings.  Whether it is family for Holy Days or friends in celebration we gather.  We eat and drink.  We talk and catch up on what has transpired in our lives.

When I arrived in town, I got to see a dear friend whom I have not seen in two years.  Then I was pleased to dine with my younger Son and visit with his family.  I was privileged to have breakfast in my favorite diner with another precious friend.  I got to give a copy of the Twelve Tales of Christmas to the waitress mentioned in one of the stories.  I visited some shops where people know me from years of my custom there.  Gatherings do not have to last long to be rich and precious

Since this trip is a short one, I do not have the time to see all who I would.  Even not being able to see everyone I wish reminds me to be grateful for them.  It reminds me that when planning gatherings, I need to be careful that I show this same understanding for others.   I need to be as inclusive as possible. I need to make sure others feel welcome. 

Later today, I will begin the journey back south.  I will return here for Christmas and have a longer time to visit with others.  I long for the freedom that project tortoiseshell will provide to be anywhere I need to be and gather with friends to celebrate the progress of their journey.  I also plan to keep a piece of my heart looking forward to that final gathering, Dear Reader. 

My Grandfather, in his very Southern style, referred to it as the Big Dinner. He would tell me about friends and family he longed to see again when we all gather with Jesus.  It is with an eye toward this that I treasure every gathering.  As we draw closer to the day set aside for giving thanks, I want my simple gratitude to be for the many ways in which we gather to show love for each other.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment