14 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Tears


Greetings Dear Reader,

It may sound odd for me to have gratitude for tears.  They express so much about how we feel in so many ways.  There have been times when I knew I needed to weep but could not.  Now it seems that it is easier but I do not wish to take it for granted.  In pursuit of that determination, I have been trying to understand what causes us to weep and how the process works.

In that investigation, I discovered something I did not know about tears.  This is not a biology lesson, but there is a part of the biology that has me a bit gob-smacked.  Depending on the emotion, our tears have different chemical compositions.  There is a great Gizmodo article about it that even has pictures.  It will also lead you to the seminal work that gives a deeper understanding.  I chased this rabbit for a bit and you should feel free to do the same.  Please come back if you do.  It was a pursuit worth the chase.

The idea that I am created to physically respond to how I feel when I allow my feelings to be genuine is amazing to me.  When we are honest with our hearts, then the tears come when they will.  It is our culture that tries to say when we can and cannot weep.  It is our society that is uncomfortable with our tears and never the Father.

As I think more deeply about this, I realize that tears are a limited option.  There will be a day that tears will no longer be used to express grief, sadness, pain, or even joy.  We have been promised that Jesus will wipe away every tear.  So, Dear Reader, I wish to express my simple gratitude for tears.  I am grateful because I have learned to allow them when needed.  Moreover, I have seen how they are structured to reflect what they are expressing.  The deepest source for that gratitude, however, is that they are flowing symbols of hope.  They are the reminder that at some point the one we follow will make it so they are no longer needed.  That is something for which we can all be grateful, even when we are weeping together.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment