08 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Food


Greetings Dear Reader,

We all know that we are supposed to be grateful for the provision of our daily bread.  We are obligated to realize that all we are given and all that we earn are still gifts from the Father.  My simple gratitude today flows from the idea of shared meals with friends or family.

I have always disliked eating alone.  I also find great joy in sitting at a meal with others sharing stories, adventures, and blessings.  I revel in celebrating those who have reached milestones or achieved something significant.  I am still dining on the joy I felt sharing a meal with my life group this past Wednesday. 

There was no time for this built into our group schedule this Autumn and our leaders wisely found a way.  They see the value of people bonding over food and the ground that can be gained.  I was privileged to see one of the families in their home and meet their children.  This too was a blessing for which I am thankful.

We are too quick to dismiss the value of informal times where our guard is down and our conversation is not directed toward a book chapter or Bible topic.  I was able to see people that I already love from a relaxed and social perspective.  When we approach these situations predisposed to loving others, we can gain great insight into the grace and beauty created in others.

I learned to love my fellow travelers more deeply this week.  It was not because of the needs shared for prayer or their struggles with the topic of the week.  It is because I saw more of their humanity and the beauty of the Creator within that creation.  I witnessed the love passing between friends.  I saw the way in which a family chooses to serve others.  All the elements of love God and love thy neighbor were there and that creates holy ground even when we do not notice it. 

The entire idea of eating together is as old as humans.  Too often now even when we eat with others the time is brief and we are rushing off to the next thing.   It is when we take the time to sit, eat, and converse that something new and beautiful appears.  I am thankful that I can obtain good food and consume it.  I am deeply grateful, Dear Reader, for the meals we share and the times when our conversation leaves us both richer and satisfied.  As we approach the feasting of these Holy Days, let us remember to cherish the people.  In the journey home, they are what matters.



Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon                   
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter        
Medium           Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment