29 November 2019

Black Friday

Greetings Dear Reader,

I will be seeking out one thing this morning.  It is a gift for someone else.  It is in hope that I can obtain what I need and then get to my morning prayer time with ease. 

I have little use for the shopping side of Black Friday.  Last year it was a day of quiet and rest for me.  I had completed my NaNoWriMo work and was not wanting to pursue much else.  Today I have much to do and not enough time to do it.  I will find a way. 

Still, as I ponder those who will spend the day seeking things, I wonder if we are too far down the path.  We rush for items and go into debt trying to please others when we could find better ways to show our love.  I miss some of the things that were my traditions for years regarding this weekend.  I miss bell ringing at the grocery store I frequented.  Putting up my decorations was part of this week each year. 

I continue to ride the wave of gratitude for all that I have learned and gained since last Thanksgiving.  My heart is fully turned toward Christmas and celebrating the Advent in richness and joy.  Much of what I value about Christmas is intangible and so the rush to buy and obtain has little purchase where I am concerned.  I will spend the day working, praying, and thinking about the joy that is mine because of friends and family.  I will miss those I cannot see and fill my heart with hope for days when we can all be together.  Even if that is not until the end of our journeys, I know it will be worth the wait.

Be careful out there today Dear Reader.  No bargain is worth even the slightest slight of another human.  Be at peace with the day and find ways to encourage others.  Kindness given is always a good bargain. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment