18 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Work


Greetings Dear Reader,

On this day last year, I received a phone call.  It was a job offer after eighteen months without work.  It fit my needs in terms of income and location.  It was an easy insertion into work I knew well.  I have a good supervisor and do work that matters to those for whom I do it.

If you have read my posts you know my desire is to achieve my income through my writing.  That, however, is dependent on the Father ultimately.  I will work my sustenance job until I am able to eclipse my income with book sales.  What I wish to focus on, however, is my gratitude for work.

Those eighteen months without work taught me a great deal about the gift that a job is.  Today is Monday.  There will be complaints and memes about how bad Monday is.  Were the job to evaporate like mine did some time ago, the complaints would have a very different timbre. 

We may or may not like our jobs.  We need income and have to make our way.  For those who have jobs they love, it is vital that we have gratitude.  For those who do not, gratitude can make the work easier.  We are all free to work toward deriving a living from something we love.  It may take work to get there but it is possible. 

I may not be able to change things instantly, but I am closer than I was a year ago.  I have simple gratitude for the work and the income.  I am thankful for the people with whom I work and those I serve by the work I accomplish.  We have the opportunity to change the atmosphere of Monday through simple gratitude if we choose it.  It is in the gratitude that joy can be found for this part of the journey.  So, I wish you a happy Monday, Dear Reader and I hope you find a way to do what you love.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment