28 November 2019

Simple Gratitude ~ Closing Thoughts


Happy Thanksgiving Dear Reader,

Let me begin today by saying again how thankful I am for you and your constant encouragement in our journey home.  This past year has been filled with changes, blessings, and learning.  Everything is not as I wish it to be but, in every day, I find blessings and the presence of Christ.

I would like to close our walk through simple gratitude with a few specifics.  Last year at this time I was still unemployed with a will-o-the-wisp of hope on the horizon.  I now work daily and have the ability to share with others.  I still wish to get to the place where my income is independent of anything but writing.  This does not diminish my gratitude for a job and all that it provides.

I have a clearer vision than ever of where I wish to be and how to get there.  It involves waiting and learning; other things for which I am grateful.  I have learned a great deal from The Well: House of Prayer and my time of focused prayer there has been beautiful, painful, and instructive.  I find great joy in the Life Group that I am in and am thankful for Rachel and Tripp as leaders. 

My gratitude for my new publisher and their publishing of two new books, The Twelve Tales of Christmas and Thoughts and Questions on Ephesians is huge.  The team there is supportive and kind.  They have also republished Sheetrock on the Road at a lower price.  I am on pace for two new books in 2020 and 2021.  Book sales are trending up and I have clear numbers that I need to achieve to eclipse my salary and write full time. 

I am grateful for my Brother and Sister-in-Law.  They and their children have shown me love and support at a level I could not imagine when I arrived here.  It is a blessing to get to know my NiecePhews and watch them grow.  It is also joyful to sit at a table where Christ is preeminent. 

I am so deeply thankful for so many things over this past year.  I could spend the day writing about them but I have other things to which I must attend.  I would leave you with this, Dear Reader; gaining a stronger grip on gratitude is worth the effort.  This month has strengthened my automatic response of a thankful heart in situations where it is warranted.  It has deepened my ability to be grateful in situations where I may foolishly think gratitude is out of place. 

The sum is that there is always something for which to thank the Father.  There is always a way to find gratitude in the moment if we are seeking Christ and founded in love.  This is our journey.  This is where we must be to get where we are going Dear Reader.  Happy Thanksgiving.  I love you and cherish you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment